I am extremely concerned about the recent acts of violence and safety concerns in our community. It is very upsetting. In response, our office has been in touch with Toronto Police Service, the City of Toronto Community Crisis Response Program and relevant stakeholders to assess the situation, respond and mobilize supports to those in need. The safety and well-being of residents is my paramount concern.
ST. JAMES TOWN CONNECTS – DROP-IN OPEN HOUSE
The St. James Town Connects project team is holding a drop-in Open House where you can learn more about the project, ask questions, and share your comments.
Date: Monday, June 11, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Place: Wellesley Community Centre, Room 'A'
495 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON
• St. James Town Connects plans to create safer, greener, accessible and animated open spaces and pedestrian connections.
• St. James Town Connects is a plan to help guide, implement and coordinate short, medium and long-term improvements in the area.
• This open house is an opportunity to provide updates, hear feedback and discuss next steps on the project areas of:
• St. James Avenue; the Ontario Street walkway; and the TCHC-owned open space;
• Bleecker Street; and
• Parks and open space network opportunities.
Additional information regarding St. James Town Connects can be viewed at: www.toronto.ca/stjamestown
Please join Councillor Lucy Troisi and your neighbours at the Cabbagetown Youth Centre on Thursday May 31 at 6:30 p.m.
The councillor will introduce members of city staff who can address any concerns or suggestions. We will then encourage a discussion with residents about what is near and dear to Cabbagetown.
Representatives from the city will include staff from Parking, Toronto Police Services, Children's Services, Parks and Planning.
Let's get the community together!
Cabbagetown Youth Centre
2 Lancaster Ave.
Thursday May 31, 2018
Light refreshments will be served.
The intersection of Parliament Street and Gerrard Street East will be closed for TTC track renewal from May 14 - June 4. The northern limit of the construction zone has been extended north to Spruce Street after the original notices were posted. Please give yourself extra time to travel in the area. For full details of this work, including temporary TTC routing changes - please read this document.